Coordinate work activities for the bag or film line and ensure the efficient and safe manufacture of quality products duties &
• Review new production orders and report immediately any issues that will impede production or quality.
• Assign duties to employees in line with their capabilities.
• Ensure all employees have the necessary training, equipment, parts and materials to perform their
• Keeps the director of operations up to date with all changes including work in progress
• Fill, check, complete and close all finished batches according to schedule and open new ones.
• Review schedule for the following shift and set up the lines and prepare supplies accordingly.
• Monitor raw material requirements for shift and report shortfall to appropriate individual.
• Conduct periodic checks of work in progress to ensure it is being completed on time and in accordance with quality requirements.
• Keep up to date and follow all safety regulations for supervisors. Ensure employees work in a safe manner and abide by all company policies and rules.
• Continuously develop and implement improved production methods to minimize labour hours and overtime and to maximize product quality.
• Report existing and potential work place issues to the director of operations or manager, hr & services.
• Train employees and provide ongoing assistance.
• Troubleshoot production problems.
• Provide assistance to other operators as required.
• Prepare all reporting as required including scrap reports, batch blend, batch closing, machine work
• Orders, and shift reports.
• Demonstrate leadership skills by following company policies and rules, working in a safe manner, while focusing on the production of quality products and encouraging a positive work environment.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, safety and other standards including BSCI.
• Understand and comply with all HACCP and GMP policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Backed up by: Supervisor
• Secondary school education
• 2 years related work experience
• Excellent communication and team skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer should you require special accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
VIEW MORE JOBS