The benefits of using recruitment agencies for your job search
Recruitment Agencies are increasingly popular. More and more companies are relying on the expertise of a recruitment agency for filling vacant positions and projects. But also more and more candidates are finding their way to these agencies!
In this article you will discover how a recruitment agency works, you will learn different types of recruitment and the benefits of recruitment agencies if you are looking for a new job.
What is a recruitment agency?
Recruitment agencies look for suitable candidates for vacant positions with one or more companies. Based on a job description they search for suitable candidates through their website, network, job fairs, job sites and social media.
When a recruiter has found a potential candidate then he/she will screen the resume, cover letter and other relevant information about the candidate. If there is a potential match between the candidate’s profile and the job description, the recruiter will arrange an interview to discuss the skills and needs of the candidate.
If the interview is successful, the candidate can be invited to an interview with the client. Meanwhile the recruiter is carefully monitoring the application process. If the client considers the candidate appropriate for the vacant position, he or she may get the job.
The advantages of recruitment agencies for job applicants
Are you looking for a new job? Then a recruitment agency can help you in two ways:
- A recruiter may contact you himself/herself because he or she has found your resume or profile and because the recruiter thinks you are qualified for a particular job.
- You may contact the recruitment agency yourself. You can apply for a particular job or submit an open application. The recruitment agency can look to see if you qualify for any upcoming positions.
Recruitment agencies provide the following benefits for applicants:
- Recruitment agencies are free of charge for candidates. Recruitment Agencies are working on request and are paid by their clients (other companies). Therefore, there are no costs for you as a candidate. You are getting help for free!
- Recruitment agencies have an excellent knowledge of the labour market. They know which sectors and companies are forming exciting opportunities for people with your knowledge and expertise, and which expectations are realistic.
- Recruitment agencies have a large network. Therefore they can often quickly get you in contact with interesting clients and projects.
- Recruitment agencies have access to jobs that you as a job seeker often cannot see (yet). Through many years of partnership with clients, agencies are often the first to hear about profiles that are needed.
- Depending on the type of recruitment (see above), recruitment agencies are following up your application. You will receive feedback and/or will be assisted from intake interview to salary negotiation.
- Depending on the type of recruitment (project sourcing in particular) you will enjoy the security of a permanent contract and the variety of different projects.
Different types of recruitment
There are different types of recruitment. Common types are recruitment and selection, project sourcing and interim recruitment. These types of recruitment differ considerably. Your personal desires and ambitions will determine the type that will be most suitable for you.
Full Time Hire is a type of recruitment where a recruitment agency is looking for candidates to fill in permanent positions with a client. The work of the recruitment agency comes to an end once a candidate starts working with his or her new employer.
Full Time Hire is particularly interesting if you are looking for a permanent job (at a certain company) in a specific industry. This type of hire is interesting for companies who have too little time or resources to search for new employees themselves.
These are positions where the employer would like a full time employee, but does not want to commit to a permanent offer up front. During the temp to hire period, the employee is considered working for the staffing firm and paid by the staffing firm. Clients seeking temp to hire candidates are sincere in their desire to hire permanent staff members and not just “kicking tires.” This can be a benefit to job seekers as well as companies.
Temporary is a type of recruitment where a company is seeking candidates to work on temporary projects with different clients. You will be working through the recruiting agency.
These are positions ranging from one afternoon, to full time work for up to a year. The important thing to know is that there is no promise of the position turning into a permanent position with benefits. Often, though, temp positions are extended past the original end date. And sometimes temporary positions can turn into temp to perm positions or open up the door to a full time permanent job later on. A temporary employee is generally considered an associate of the staffing agency and paid by the staffing agency.
Contract work is esantialy the same as Temporary except in most cases the candidate is aware that the assignment offered is for a set period of time. (from 1 week to a few years). In many cases Recruitment agencies are searching on behalf of other companies for employees who can quickly fill in short term projects. These can be work assignments to:
- Replace a permanent employee;
- Handle a temporary increase in work;
- Deal with exceptional work.
When your job/ project is finished, your relationship with the recruiting agency will continue. They will offer you other temp or Full Time positions with active employer clients.
Whether you are looking to advance your career or you are a Job Seeker - looking for flexible work schedules or you simply want to make extra money in addition to your main income the Recruitment and Staffing Agencies can be a great tool to achive what you are looking for.
We welcome you to learn more about Alliance Employment Services! We would be glad to be of service! Learn more about our services.
This Article was Originally found on Jobboob